A more "healthy" idea on shrimp picatta for someone who didn't want any flour or wine used. Not as much fun as the real shrimp picatta, but still delicious.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb of shrimp
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of lemon pepper
- 2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Place the red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes into the oil. Cook until soft.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add capers, lemon juice, granulated garlic, Italian seasoning blend, and lemon pepper to the pan. Feel free to add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook mixture until shrimp is done and everything is mixed and coated with the juices.
The pasta shown in the image was added merely for the visual. You can serve it with pasta, rice, or even by itself.