Greek Tomato/Cucumber Summer Salad
A refreshingly light salad made with cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 1/3 lbs of feta cheese
- 4-8 kalamata olives
- Slice up the tomatoes into wedges.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them into wedges.
- Chop the onion into small pieces to your desire.
- Place the tomato, cucumber and red onion in a bowl and add in the oil, vinegar, pepper, and oregano. Mix thoroughly but carefully.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the salad and either leave on top or mix in.
- Garnish with the kalamata olives.
Try to obtain fresh ingredients if you can. Experiment even with organic vegetables in this one. Part of what makes this salad so good are the natural flavors of the vegetables. Hence why you mostly see this in the summer when tomatoes and cucumbers are in season.
Feel free to use more or less of any ingredient to your choosing. Some I’ve made this for preferred more cucumber.
Use any feta you like, but Bulgarian feta cheese adds a wonderful flavor.