Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
A wonderful cold pasta salad seasoned with fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 10-12 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of basil
- 1/2 pound of pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 pound of ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives, seeds removed and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, place 5 of the sun-dried tomatoes in with the garlic clove, olive oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, basil and at least 1 tsp of pepper.
- Blend well and set aside.
- Dump the pasta in a large bowl with the olives, tomatoes, and 6 more sun-dried tomatoes (sliced)
- Pour the dressing from the food processor onto the mixture in the bowl.
- Toss the salad well and add salt and pepper to your liking.
Be aware when you cook the pasta. 1/2 of a pound is generally 1/2 of a package of pasta. Many make the mistake of cooking and using a whole 1-pound package of pasta, and then wonder why the salad seems bland.
Be careful when it comes to the salt as well. I put it on in case you want more in the flavor, but I honestly do not add any at all. The cheese, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes add enough salty flavor to the dish.
I generally use whole wheat rotini when I do these dishes. Feel free to use any pasta that’s to your liking.