Roasted Brussel Sprouts
An incredibly easy way to prepare brussel sprouts that will literally turn them into crispy, delectible (and addicting) green treats.
- 1-2 lbs of fresh brussel sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Take all your sprouts and slice them into halves, place them into a bowl.
- Douse them with olive oil, then mix gently with your hands.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste, then mix again.
- Lay out the sprouts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the sprouts in the oven until you see them brown slightly (35-45 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
When handling your sprout halves, be gentle. Going rough will rip leaves off and break your sprouts apart.
I didn't put an exact amount of oil because it's all subjective. I simply douse with some oil as if I were dressing a salad.
I like to roast mine with the salt and pepper, some like to do this afterwards. There is no wrong or right.
You can add/remove seasonings as you see fit. Want a really good variation? Try Stephanie's Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.